Hands on application of Montessori principles in materials making
This course is the hands on application of Montessori principles in materials making. Emphasis is placed on order, perfection and beauty. Students will create an authentic work for their future environment.
Schedule: Materials Making
- March 23, 2018
Assessment: Materials Making
The student must satisfactorily complete written and practical evaluations for both academic and practicum phases as well as complete all in-class assignments and classroom manuals as directed.
Readings: Materials Making
- The Absorbent Mind, Maria Montessori
- Maria Montessori: Her Life & Work, E.M. Standing
- Oneness to Separateness, Louise Kaplan
- Understanding the Human Being, Silvana Montanaro
- Your Self Confident Baby, Magda Gerba
- Shining Through, Sonnie McFarland