The beneficial aspects of healing touch. Beneficial therapeutic oils mood, sensory stimulation, and health
Infant Massage, Aromatherapy
Theory of Montessori Method including history, sensitive periods, role of the teacher and role of the child, prepared environment, and process of normalization. Also includes discussion of developmental theories of other major theorists; Absorbent mind, logical/mathematical mind, spiritual & moral development; and how the above relate to child, materials, teacher, and environment.
Schedule: Infant Massage, Aromatherapy
- November 4th, 2017
Assessment: Infant Massage, Aromatherapy
The student must satisfactorily complete written and practical evaluations for both academic and practicum phases as well as complete all in-class assignments and classroom manuals as directed.
Readings: Infant Massage, Aromatherapy
- The Absorbent Mind, Maria Montessori
- Maria Montessori: Her Life & Work, E.M. Standing
- Oneness to Separateness, Louise Kaplan
- Understanding the Human Being, Silvana Montanaro
- Your Self Confident Baby, Magda Gerba
- Shining Through, Sonnie McFarland