The critical nature of observation regarding sensitive periods in the Montessori Infant & Toddler classroom
Montessori Infant & Toddler Observation
This course introduces the student to the critical nature of observation regarding sensitive periods in the Montessori Infant & Toddler classroom and to basic methods of observation. This course interprets the philosophy of Dr. Montessori regarding peace education and develops practical and concrete applications and materials for the Infant & Toddler program. It includes specific methods derived from Dr. Becky Bailey’s Conscious Discipline program.
Schedule: Montessori Infant & Toddler Observation
- April 21, 2018
Assessment: Montessori Infant & Toddler Observation
The student must satisfactorily complete written and practical evaluations for both academic and practicum phases as well as complete all in-class assignments and classroom manuals as directed.
Readings: Montessori Infant & Toddler Observation
- The Absorbent Mind, Maria Montessori
- Maria Montessori: Her Life & Work, E.M. Standing
- Oneness to Separateness, Louise Kaplan
- Understanding the Human Being, Silvana Montanaro
- Your Self Confident Baby, Magda Gerba
- Shining Through, Sonnie McFarland