Learning materials and activities that foster independence in the Montessori Infant & Toddler classroom and life
Aid to Independence
Introduces learning materials and activities that foster independence in the Montessori Infant & Toddler classroom and life. Ground rules & courtesy, control of movement, care of person, care of environment, food & nutrition. Demonstration of materials, lecture & practice.
Schedule: Aid to Independence
- July 5th & 6th, 2017
Assessment: Aid to Independence
The student must satisfactorily complete written and practical evaluations for both academic and practicum phases as well as complete all in-class assignments and classroom manuals as directed.
Readings: Aid to Independence
- The Absorbent Mind, Maria Montessori
- Maria Montessori: Her Life & Work, E.M. Standing
- Oneness to Separateness, Louise Kaplan
- Understanding the Human Being, Silvana Montanaro
- Your Self Confident Baby, Magda Gerba
- Shining Through, Sonnie McFarland