Evolution of the teacher as a critical element of the environment
Personal Growth and Development
This course covers the evolvement of the teacher as a critical element of the environment. It will introduce several stress management strategies and delve into the “Spirit of the Teacher”. There will be included several experiential activities to uncover personal growth opportunities.
Schedule: Personal Growth and Development
- January 20th & January 21st, 2018
Assessment: Personal Growth and Development
The student must satisfactorily complete written and practical evaluations for both academic and practicum phases as well as complete all in-class assignments and classroom manuals as directed.
Readings: Personal Growth and Development
- Maria Montessori: Her Life & Work, E.M. Standing
- Oneness to Separateness, Louise Kaplan
- Understanding the Human Being, Silvana Montanaro
- Your Self Confident Baby, Magda Gerba
- Shining Through, Sonnie McFarland