Emotional, intellectual, cognitive, physical and social development; stages of childhood
Child Development (Pre-Natal -3 Years)
Explores stage of development and growth of the Infant & Toddler child; covers emotional, intellectual, cognitive, physical and social development; stages of childhood; current research, communication process between adult and child; guidance approaches; and community resources which provide parent education, family and children services. Also includes discussion of developmental theories of other major theorists.
Schedule: Child Development (Pre-Natal -3 Years)
- July 9th – July 13th, and July 16th, 2018
Assessment: Child Development (Pre-Natal -3 Years)
The student must satisfactorily complete written and practical evaluations for both academic and practicum phases as well as complete all in-class assignments and classroom manuals as directed.
Readings: Child Development (Pre-Natal -3 Years)
- The Absorbent Mind, Maria Montessori
- Maria Montessori: Her Life & Work, E.M. Standing
- Oneness to Separateness, Louise Kaplan
- Understanding the Human Being, Silvana Montanaro
- Your Self Confident Baby, Magda Gerba
- Shining Through, Sonnie McFarland