Introduction to philosophy and rationale of environmental design of infant and toddler classrooms
Montessori Toddler Environmental Design
This course introduces the student to philosophy and rationale of environmental design of toddler classrooms. Movement curriculum, selection and placement of materials, primary care giving, on demand schedules in home or care environment.
Schedule: Montessori Toddler Environmental Design
- June 25th – June 28th, 2018
Assessment: Montessori Infant & Toddler Environmental Design
The student must satisfactorily complete written and practical evaluations for both academic and practicum phases as well as complete all in-class assignments and classroom manuals as directed.
Readings: Montessori Infant & Toddler Environmental Design
- The Absorbent Mind, Maria Montessori
- Maria Montessori: Her Life & Work, E.M. Standing
- Oneness to Separateness, Louise Kaplan
- Understanding the Human Being, Silvana Montanaro
- Your Self Confident Baby, Magda Gerba
- Shining Through, Sonnie McFarland