The teacher as a critical element of the environment.
Personal Growth & Spiritual Development
This course covers the evolvement of the teacher as a critical element of the environment. It will introduce several stress management strategies and delve into the “Spirit of the Teacher”. Several experiential activities to uncover personal growth opportunities will be included.
Schedule: Personal Growth & Spiritual Development
March 3rd & March 4th, 2018
Assessment: Personal Growth & Spiritual Development
The student must satisfactorily complete written and practical evaluations for both academic and practicum phases as well as complete all in-class assignments and classroom manuals.
Readings: Personal Growth & Spiritual Development
- Montessori Today by Paula Polk Lillard
- From Childhood to Adolescence by Dr. Maria Montessori
- To Educate the Human Potential by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Formation of Man by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Advanced Montessori Method 1 by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Advanced Montessori Method 2 by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Montessori Controversy by Dr. John Chattin-McNichols
- The TAO of Montessori by Catherine McTamaney
- Children of the Universe by Michael and D’Neil Duffy
- Montessori Matters Manual
- Montessori Matters Language Manual