Linear counting, numeration, the decimal system, the four fundamental operations, graphic visual representations, and the passage to abstraction
This course covers linear counting, numeration, the decimal system, the four fundamental operations, graphic visual representations, and the passage to abstraction. The course also covers curriculum development, creation of original material, lesson extensions and reconfiguration of current learning materials.
June 22nd – June 30th, 2017
The student must satisfactorily complete written and practical evaluations for both academic and practicum phases as well as complete all in-class assignments and classroom manuals.
- Montessori Today by Paula Polk Lillard
- From Childhood to Adolescence by Dr. Maria Montessori
- To Educate the Human Potential by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Formation of Man by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Advanced Montessori Method 1 by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Advanced Montessori Method 2 by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Montessori Controversy by Dr. John Chattin-McNichols
- The TAO of Montessori by Catherine McTamaney
- Children of the Universe by Michael and D’Neil Duffy
- Montessori Matters Manual
- Montessori Matters Language Manual