Geometric forms and nomenclature; equivalence, congruence, and similarity. Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of fractions.
Geometry & Fractions
This course covers geometric forms and nomenclature; equivalence, congruence, and similarity; introduction and equivalence of fractions; and addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of fractions. The course also covers curriculum development, creation of original materials, lesson extensions and reconfiguration of current learning materials.
Schedule: Geometry & Fractions
July 5th – July 7th, 2017
Assessment: Geometry & Fractions
The student must satisfactorily complete written and practical evaluations for both academic and practicum phases as well as complete all in-class assignments and classroom manuals.
Readings: Geometry & Fractions
- Montessori Today by Paula Polk Lillard
- From Childhood to Adolescence by Dr. Maria Montessori
- To Educate the Human Potential by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Formation of Man by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Advanced Montessori Method 1 by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Advanced Montessori Method 2 by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Montessori Controversy by Dr. John Chattin-McNichols
- The TAO of Montessori by Catherine McTamaney
- Children of the Universe by Michael and D’Neil Duffy
- Montessori Matters Manual
- Montessori Matters Language Manual