Teaching to develop the skills for numeration, decimal system, functions of the decimal systems, linear counting, memorization, and fractions,
Philosophy & rationale. Materials that aide development of those concepts/skills. Introduction to numeration, decimal system, functions of the decimal systems, linear counting, memorization, fractions, demonstration of material, lecture & practice.
Schedule: Montessori Mathematics
July 5th – July 11th, 2017
Assessment: Montessori Mathematics
The student must satisfactorily complete written and practical evaluations for both academic and practicum phases as well as complete all in-class assignments and classroom manuals as directed.
Readings: Montessori Mathematics
- The Absorbent Mind, Maria Montessori
- Discovery of the Child, Maria Montessori
- Secret of Childhood, Maria Montessori
- Montessori Method, Dr. Maria Montessori
- Maria Montessori: Her Life & Work, E.M. Standing