Developmentally appropriate art practices with preschool children.
Montessori Early Childhood Art
This course will introduce the student to developmentally appropriate art practices with preschool children. Philosophy & rationale, basic skills, 2 & 3 dimensional work, easel or table, art appreciation & art history.
Schedule: Montessori Early Childhood Art
October 8, 2017
Assessment: Montessori Early Childhood Art
The student must satisfactorily complete written and practical evaluations for both academic and practicum phases as well as complete all in-class assignments and classroom manuals as directed.
Readings: Montessori Early Childhood Art
- The Absorbent Mind, Maria Montessori
- Discovery of the Child, Maria Montessori
- Secret of Childhood, Maria Montessori
- Montessori Method, Dr. Maria Montessori
- Maria Montessori: Her Life & Work, E.M. Standing