Learning materials for practical life/daily living in the Montessori Early Childhood classroom
Practical Life/Everyday Living
Introduces learning materials for practical life/daily living in the Montessori Early Childhood classroom. Includes ground rules & courtesy, control of movement, care of person, care of environment, food & nutrition. Demonstration of materials, lecture & practice.
Schedule: Practical Life/Everyday Living
June 19th – June 23rd, 2017
Assessment: Practical Life/Everyday Living
The student must satisfactorily complete written and practical evaluations for both academic and practicum phases as well as complete all in-class assignments and classroom manuals as directed.
Readings: Practical Life/Everyday Living
- The Absorbent Mind, Maria Montessori
- Discovery of the Child, Maria Montessori
- Secret of Childhood, Maria Montessori
- Montessori Method, Dr. Maria Montessori
- Maria Montessori: Her Life & Work, E.M. Standing