History & Culture – Geography, land & waters forms, globes, maps, flags and multi-cultural awareness
Montessori Early Childhood Social Studies
This course introduces the student to philosophy and rationale of geography, land & waters forms, globes, maps, flags and multi-cultural awareness in the Montessori early childhood classroom . History: time, calendar, seasons and personal history.
Schedule: Montessori Early Childhood Social Studies
- October 7th, 2017
Assessment: Montessori Early Childhood Social Studies
The student must satisfactorily complete written and practical evaluations for both academic and practicum phases as well as complete all in-class assignments and classroom manuals as directed.
Readings: Montessori Early Childhood Social Studies
- The Absorbent Mind, Maria Montessori
- Discovery of the Child, Maria Montessori
- Secret of Childhood, Maria Montessori
- Montessori Method, Dr. Maria Montessori
- Maria Montessori: Her Life & Work, E.M. Standing