An overview of the Montessori philosophy and method as it applies to 3 – 6 years of age.
Early Childhood Overview – Ages 3 to 6
This course provides an overview of the Montessori philosophy and method as it applies to 3 – 6 years of age. Topics covered include Montessori’s stages of development, the prepared environment (including key demonstrations of materials in each of the curriculum areas) the role of the teacher, the role of the child and sensitive periods throughout this three year period. Students attend 40 hours in classroom demonstration and lecture and 5 hours of classroom observation to complete the 45 hour requirement.
Schedule: Early Childhood Overview – Ages 3 to 6
June 12th – June 16th, 2017
Assessment: Early Childhood Overview 3 – 6 yearsLecture 04 + Lecture 05 + Quiz Scores
The student must satisfactorily complete written and practical evaluations for both academic and practicum phases as well as complete all in-class assignments and classroom manuals as directed.
Readings: Early Childhood Overview 3 – 6 years
- Montessori Today by Paula Polk Lillard
- From Childhood to Adolescence by Dr. Maria Montessori
- To Educate the Human Potential by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Formation of Man by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Advanced Montessori Method 1 by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Advanced Montessori Method 2 by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Montessori Controversy by Dr. John Chattin-McNichols
- The TAO of Montessori by Catherine McTamaney
- Children of the Universe by Michael and D’Neil Duffy
- Montessori Matters Manual
- Montessori Matters Language Manual